Registry&Directory InfrastructureDefinitions and Scope
Our mission definition for registries..
- “A registry is a service that serves the needs of applications for coordinated maintenance of identity information about a class of business objects.”
- E.g. Some classes are: People, services, groups.
- A registry is a transaction-oriented service…
- Client applications will use one mostly to enter and update information, I.e. a registry is write&update-oriented.
- Read-oriented access will typically be handled by other components of the overall system, e.g. the Directory.