Registry&Directory InfrastructureThemes / Philosophies
DNs are immutable and persistent
- a DN is a primary key, yet another identifier.
- DNs are not necessarily human-palatable.
- ď(Natural) NamesĒ are another class of a subjectís attributes and arenít primary keys in and of themselves.
A Directory canít do it all by itself
- Has to have site-specific procedures & conventions wrapped around it.
- E.g. how are subjects vetted and assigned their initial identifier?
- E.g. selecting a unique identifier of some given form.