Registry&Directory InfrastructureDefinitions and Scope, cont’d
The scope of our Registry is enterprise-wide.
All people affiliated with the university should be in the Registry..
- I.e. if you need others within the enterprise to recognize your affiliation, you need to be in the Registry.
A primary materialization of this requirement:
- Needing an authentication principal - a SUNet ID
- Many network services are authenticated
- E.g. AFS distributed file system, various web pages, distributed computing resources (e.g. POP-based email service)
- Authentication infrastructure is Kerberos-based